Is any one having issue with Filter Selection feature?

My version: (6.0.0-rc1-dev-1455-g4b7ef22ec), release build
On Windows 7, 64bit

I found it is very hard to access to Filter Selection. I have to do a group selection of things before I can find a menu from the popup menu ( “Left Mouse Click” ). It don’t seem to be very intuitive for me.

If you can think of a more intuitive way then suggest it over at the bug tracker. I just hope it will not be as annoying as it was in the legacy canvas where this dialog came up every time.

Maybe a shortcut is the way to go? (In addition to the right click context menu option.)

I have no idea what is the good way yet. Also, I just found out, the filter not event work on 5.0.2 or 6.0.0-rc1-dev-1455-g4b7ef22ec. So I’m not sure what to report yet. It is annoying ins 4.0.7 but at least it work when I needed it.

I think I can narrow down to the point I can make a report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1810863

In my experience, the typical way the selection filter works is by checking off the items you want to select before you actually do the selection. This is done with a selection menu either in a docked window or by simply right clicking on empty space in the layout. I find the way Kicad does it requires lots of clicking through menus and is generally awkward since it works by deselecting.

Well, I’m were wrong. They are work fine. I got it wrong because the work flow had been changes to some what hidden to the user.