Is a new Database category needed?

@ChrisGammell Now that v7 is out, can we consider this again?

(Posting to also prevent the thread expiring.)

Good to see the Tags have been updated.
I was going to ask for a 7.99, but it has already happened. Never did get a 6.99.

How long should 5.0 and 5.1 Tags remain in the selection?

5.0 should go immediately, there are quite a few 5.1 hold outs

How long should 5.0 and 5.1 Tags remain in the selection?

Good question! I assume there are some people that are still using 5.0/5.1 but not sure we need to have any kind of logical grouping from those (hopefully they make it very very clear that they are posting about an old version of KiCad).

Now that v7 is out, can we consider this again?

Yeah, I think this is a good idea! I was reading @craftyjon’s suggestion and that seems to make a lot of sense

I should be able to re-org all of the stuff currently in “Footprints and Schematic” into a new “Libraries” catalog. We can then start a Database subcategory there as well.

@janvi Has som good suggestions, but the general wisdom around Discourse is not to create new categories until they’re really needed. It prevents fragmentation and hidden threads, should someone be watching only one sub category.

Generally once we have figured out the structure, the mods/high level members are great at re-org’ing existing posts to be in the correct area.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.