Invalid characters when setting date on drawing sheet

Hi all,
I am trying to change the page size of my schematic, however, an error pops up showing that my date contains invalid characters. Please see the screenshot for details. Does anyone have the same issue and how do you fix it?

Thank you!
TNG

Did you type “02 mars 2023” in yourself or did that come from the dropdown date selector, see screenshot below.

date-selector

Although I’m not sure why I got 2003 as the year when I blanked the field and then used the dropdown.

Following your procedure, my dropdown showed 2002. :thinking:

I must be living further in the past than you???

1 Like

I can reproduce this on Ubuntu 22.10 with Malay language date.
Maybe the single quotes?
On Windows (UK English) with recent Testing, you cannot clear the field
Please file a bug report

No, I did not. It is auto-generated by KiCAD. No matter what I changed the text, I am not able to change the page size.

Hi,
I solved the problem by changing the language to English (Preferences → Set Language → English). It was set to Default before. I don´t really get it but, anyway, it works.
Thank you!
TNG

Is there a reason why the default language appears to be French? Is that your default?

Might be a bug.

No, the default language is English as well.
/TNG

When reporting the bug, it’s not a big in the page size setting but rather the inability to set a valid date that was blocking the operation. Might be a platform dependent thing, although a different glitch appears on Linux. Could be some field not initialised.

I raised an issue report
Strangely the behaviour changed overnight, no more warning nbut I had jumped back in time until the year 0002.
This smells of uninitialised variables

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.