Interactive Html Bom Outline issue

Dear Kicad forum,

I have the following Issue with the Html bom outline. I need to use this tool to bring it to the assembly house.

I already posted the solution to the issue tracker, however it might take time to get an answer…
Maybe some users can help?

Thanks,
Michael

Submitting a bug report on @qu1ck’s github repository for the plugin should be enough. A quick glance at your bug report I see that you are running 5.99 which is the pre-alpha for 6.0 (the version info would also be nice here). There may have been some changes to the Python API for v6 that might break all/most well behaving Python plugins for 5.x.

I don’t know what trigger qu1ck will use to gate starting to update his plugin(s), though it looks like he is working on them already. I see a commit on Oct 9 (just over 1 month ago) for nightly compatibility fixes.

From qu1ck’s FAQ:

Q. I am using KiCad nightly build and plugin doesn’t work

First of all make sure you are using latest version of plugin from master branch, not a release version. KiCad nightly changes fast enough that it doesn’t make sense to issue a release for each small update that breaks the plugin. But I do make compatibility fixes as fast as I notice problems with the nightly so chances are your issue is already fixed. If you are on latest revision and it still doesn’t work, file an issue.

1 Like

@der.ule @qu1ck I already used the newest version of the interactive html bom tool. See the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.