Inter-sheet references are great, thank you!

Thank you to whoever added inter-sheet references!

Someone just told me about it as I did not realize this feature existed.

Globals are much simpler and perfectly adequate for many schematics vs hierarchical schematics.

The feature is very well done. I like:

• how it updates instantly without having to run some process like annotation
  • you can click on the references to quickly get to the other sheets

Here is where you enable it:

Which results in:

6 Likes

Interesting, this is essential for a flat rather than hierarchical schematic.
I used to have to do this manually on Visula, tedious and error prone.

2 Likes

I agree, Intersheet References are a really useful addition. Kudos to the implementer :slightly_smiling_face:
I would like to have the option to include “page coordinates”, so the reference would be e.g., 2-B1 if the connecting reference is on page 2 and in page coordinates B1.
Sometimes you need to look at a hardcopy of the diagram, and not having to scan the entire page to find the reference can be a great help.

2 Likes

You dont use Find/Search function? For printed schematics, particularly dense ones a coordinate is handy but the days one printed schematics/anything are really over, no?

I mostly stick with A/Letter size schematics these days so they can be easily printed out for use in the lab on any printer, or viewed on any screen, so the grid location would not add a lot of value for me as the sheets are relatively small.

But for people who still print schematics on large sheets of paper a grid location would be more useful. Sometimes the best way to review a design is still paper, a quiet room, and a hot drink.

2 Likes