Installing KiCAD 8.0 (with 7.0.10 still present) reset the grid type in both versions

Hi,
I just installed KiCAD 8.0 and kept 7.0.10.
Until yesterday I could move any component at any place on my pcb.
Now, they will only move to a few far locations after being selected and draged.
I’m having the same issue with both KiCAD installs. Has something been overwritten while installing 8.0 ?
What options should I check ? Thanks.

I don’t have any specific help to give, but you’ll get more effective help if you provide more details. One important piece is information on the software setup which is most easily found by going to KiCad > About KiCad > Copy Version Info. Pasting that here will help other people with similar setups chime in.

Another suggestion, consider including screenshots with a description of what exactly you want to do, what exactly you tried so far, and what you saw occur.

I found the issue: the grid type got reset to Grid 25 after installing version 8.0.
What I don’t understand is why this affected the grid used in version 7.0.10 even though I chose to import the 7.0 parameters while installing 8.0.
After selecting the good grid type, the parts would move as expected.
Is the grid parameter global ?

Version details (in addition to the 8.0 install done this morning):

Application: KiCad x64 on x64

Version: 7.0.10, release build

Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.2.4
FreeType 2.12.1
HarfBuzz 8.2.1
FontConfig 2.14.2
libcurl/8.4.0-DEV Schannel zlib/1.3

Platform: Windows 10 (build 19045), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

Build Info:
Date: Dec 28 2023 21:18:15
wxWidgets: 3.2.4 (wchar_t,wx containers)
Boost: 1.83.0
OCC: 7.7.1
Curl: 8.4.0-DEV
ngspice: 41
Compiler: Visual C++ 1936 without C++ ABI

Build settings:
KICAD_SPICE=ON