Installation on Ubuntu 22.04

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libocct-visualization-7.6 : Depends: occt-misc (= 1:7.6.3+dfsg1-8~ubuntu22.04.1) but 1:7.8.1+dfsg1-3~ubuntu22.04.1 is to be installed

Hi all,
Slight problem.
Can not install latest KiCAD :frowning:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Which Kicad; 8.99 or 8.0.6-rc1?

If you are installng the latest stable (8.0.5), what do you get on your terminal with the first set of instructions on this page? Install on Linux | KiCad EDA Post the output (as preformatted text using the </> button above).

Hi @ZASto,

Is it installation on 22.04 or 22.10?
I used 22.04 and upgraded today to 22.10 and now I have the exact errors as you.

I use official PPA KiCAD 8 repo. Worked fine in 20.04.
I have already installed 8.0.5 in Noble. After the upgrade to Oracular it wanted to re-install it from Noble 22.04 to Oracular 22.10 version (still the same package, just made for newer OS version).

In Synaptic I got this message:

And when click Mark, I have unmet dependencies on kicad package.
I think it conflicts with all the kicad-locale-* packages (which I don’t even use) and some libocct and liboce packages
I’m not worry about it now, as it’s still the same 8.0.5 I installed in Ubuntu Noble, but hopefully it can be fixed in 8.0.6.

EDIT:

Seems like the occt-mic package is the unmet dependency in 22.10:

sudo apt-get install kicad --no-act
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
 libocct-visualization-7.8 : Depends: occt-misc (= 7.8.1+dfsg1-2) but 1:7.6.3+dfsg1-8~ubuntu24.04.1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

EDIT 2:

Looks like occt-mics was available with the needed version, but not recognized for some reason?

I uninstalled kicad with its dependencies, then sudo apt update and sudo apt install kicad and that works fine.

Not sure if your problem is the same as mine though.

~$ sudo apt install kicad
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libocct-visualization-7.6 : Depends: occt-misc (= 1:7.6.3+dfsg1-8~ubuntu22.04.1) but 1:7.8.1+dfsg1-3~ubuntu22.04.1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Trying to install latest stable using PPA.

Not sure why it wants you to have occt-misc 7.8.1. For Jammy the latest is 7.5.1 (you have 7.6.3 installed for some reason):
https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=occt-misc&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
I didn’t have problem to install 8.0.5 from the PPA repo on 24.04 (Noble) also with occt-misc 7.6.3).

Do you have an old version of KiCAD installed at the moment? If so - try to uninstall first (your setting and preferences won’t be lost).