Information on ZIF sockets

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Under what name can I find this component in the libraries?
Opera Captura de pantalla_2024-03-04_120932_www.aliexpress.us

Please provide a link to the datasheet, not just a picture.

For schematic symbol, I would use whichever pincount works in the CONN_02x?? variety. Filter with CONN_ in the symbol chooser. You want the _Counter_Clockwise variant.

For a footprint, the Socket library has DIP sockets:

As always, verify if the dimensions of the included footprint match your actual part.

2 Likes

In my Kicad stock library, they’re in Socket>3M_Textool (screenshot).

Generally, industry calls them ‘Zif’ and ‘Ziff’ connectors, ZIF=‘Zero_Insertion_Force’ (I have some patents on this stuff).

You can buy them at Amazon for a couple of dollars. I’ve bought many and use them often enough that I made a 3D-Model and Footprint/symbol for them. Screenshot.

They come in different Pin counts, width and…etc

EDIT: Added screenshot of some I use, including the Aries brand (they have changable Pin-Width). Take them apart and reset the inner pin-plate. Photo shows the Backside of two; One set narrow the other set wide. These are more expensive…

At Amazon - Example…

Some of the ones I use

Some Usage Example(s) - They’re old but, still work! Just to complete the picture:

• Left side shows Programmer for Atmel-328 chip and Atmel Tiny’s (the lower one is for a range of Tiny sizes (14pin to 8pin)/
• Upper right shows Text-Tool ZIF plugged into UNO and used for uploading Bootloaders and Programs
• Lower right shows Atmel Tiny programmer on Kicad single-sided PCB using a Nano

4 Likes