In Kicad Version 6 not able to use the plugin

error_for_bga

please help me to solved this error.

Iā€™m sorry @Vishal_Kalwani, but you will probably have to be patient and wait 'till 6.0.0 exists before plug-in authors are able to develop their plug-ins.

I doubt any would be willing to spend time at the moment because 6.0 RC is changing on a daily basis so any work done by them may be useless by tomorrow.

No, the API should be stabilized by now. Iā€™m not sure how much there might be ā€œbugsā€ in the API or how much things can be added, but Release Candidate phase means that internal changes leading to API changes are limited to minimum.

You still didnā€™t give a link to the plugin you use. Please give a direct link which we can follow, not only a file name. Maybe I (or someone else) can take a look and even fix it if itā€™s public and benefits others, too.

Hello I have share the link.

Link:-https://github.com/zephray/kicad-bga-tools

Please look in to it.

It looks like nothing has been done for half a year on this.

zephray update to partially work with kicad 5.99 nightly
ef8370f
on May 5
Git stats

This is the case. Itā€™s also true that if plugin developers wait until the final release to try to make their plugins compatible with V6, and they find a problem with the API, we wonā€™t be able to fix it until the next releaseā€¦

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.