Imprting DRM/CAM settings?

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but I couldn’t find any threads about it.

I’ve recently come to KiCad from Eagle, and I find myself missing a useful feature - the ability to have a board manufacturer provide a DRC and CAM file that can be imported by the software to automatically set the DRC rules and the Gerber generation settings as appropriate to that manufacturer.

As far as I can tell there’s no such capability in KiCad. Are there any plans to add it? )

I think someone is planning on overhauling CAM settings for V6, and probably that could include import/export of settings. I don’t think anyone has talked about import of DRC rules recently, but that’s a great feature request. I just searched and I don’t think it’s on the bug tracker yet, so you could add it if you have time!

Thanks, just filed a pair of bug reports (one for DRC one for CAM - figure it’d be easier to track that way).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.