Import footprint into KICad 8 from Mouser

Appreciate some help for KiCad version 8 on FOOTPRINT importing. Download EDA file of a componant from Mouser. Import symbol worked ok. But, footprint import FAILED. Watched youtube and there are many different style presumably filmed at different time on different KiCad past version. Many thanks

I don’t understand your question or is this AI generated?

1 Like

Appreciate some help for KiCad version 8 on FOOTPRINT importing. Download EDA file of a componant from Mouser. Import symbol worked ok. But, footprint import FAILED. Watched youtube and there are many different style presumably filmed at different time on different KiCad past version. Many thanks

Can you upload the footprint here? I’m not sure about Mouser footprints in general. Or maybe just a link to the footprint you downloaded would be best.

Many thanks.
The file can be downladed by clicking the green icon under the datasheet icon

mouser_EDA
https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Microchip-Technology/MCP1700T-3002E-TT?qs=fM4xO01eazNGf09So1mDmg%3D%3D

The footprint seems to be standard.

Many thanks. I am seeking generic ‘how to’ procedure for ‘linking’ a component/symbol to footprint. Some component, switch, connector, are non standard size.

Please list the steps that failed and what lead you to believe the import failed?

Were you trying to import the footprint into a read only library?
Your own symbols and footprints should always be placed in local libraries in your own working directories

1 Like

Many thanks. What is the step you did BEFORE footprint editor import? How did you import the symbol at first step (in symbol editor) and then import the footprint (in foot print editor)? Do you need to create a new (user created, instead of those come with the software) library to hold the symbol and footprint of a NEW component?

How to import the four files, in what order and by which editor?

Many thanks

Many thanks

Many thanks for the advises. How to import the four files, in what order and by which editor and save to (user newly created) “library”?

Yes.

Read this FAQ for explanations and procedures.