Import DXF Board to PCB New

I’ve got a simple board drawing in DXF r12 format. There are only line segments in the file. When I attempt to import, I get nothing. Any ideas? I’m using 4.0.1 winX64

Post the dxf or a link to the file …
Then we could check it

Ps which is the sw you have used to generate the dxf? Librecad? And which version?

Draftsight 2015 is the software used to create the DXF R12 file.

File here:

That file is binary… Autodesk DWG viewer can open it (rectangle, right?).
Might need to be in ASCII for KiCAD - I have no trouble when I use AutoCAD 2004 format in Inventor as export for DXF to get this read into KiCAD.

This file has been redone in Inventor 2015 (couldn’t open DXF(binary) and export as DXF(ascii))…
NONAME_6_ASCII.dxf (288.6 KB)

You might also want to try to test with a smaller outline, 2.54 m each side is a bit much for kicad.
Maybe yours isn’t showing up as it ‘lands’ outside the drawn area?.. even mine just barely makes it with one corner if you load it in pcbnew (with DXF origin as ‘Middle’).

PS: Which reminds me… we had a 3d model from a vendor last couple of days that wouldn’t show up in the 3d viewer but in FreeCAD… but it was 220mm away from the centre of the footprint… might be the same problem here. Make a DXF(binary) or (ascii) that is just like 5cm across and see how you go.
The visible area seems to be limited to 3 pages high and 3 pages wide or something like that.

Thank you! r12 Ascii worked! Maybe someone can make that clarification in the online docs here: http://docs.kicad.org/en/pcbnew.html#_creating_a_board

I’m having some trouble actually deleting lines that I’ve imported. I’ve imported a few times and now I need to delete some of the duplicates.