Images and Symbols problems to PDF print

Hello everyone,
I had already imported .PNG images to put them under the newly created symbols.
When printing the outline in PDF I noticed that the transparency of the PNGs turned the images into black rectangles.
Then I converted the PNG to JPEG and finally printing the images under the symbols in PDF finally appear correct.
Now I have another problem all the Pin Names inside the symbol are not printed even if I display them in Eschema.
Here is how I see on Eeschema
Capture1
and here is the result in the PDF
Capture2

What is going on?

Which version of KiCad?

The black background in case o transparency appear a old issue reported by me. I was expecting solved in all cases.

The pin names not appearing, appear to be a image sobreposition (image over the name). Could you check the PDF file by a software editor to see if the text are under the image?

To me it looks like you try to use KiCad to replace visio (from the screenshot). You might be better served with inkscape or even Dia if that is indeed the case (You will miss many more features in KiCad than just the ability to simply place pictures of components most importantly the ability to change the line colour and thickness to indicate different bus domains).

In typical schematics for pcb design (KiCads intended usecase) one would not use pictures of a part to create a “symbol” but its abstract representation (either conform to an official or in house standard). This will most likely be the reason why placing a picture on top of such a symbol yields strange results. My suggestion (should you decide to stay with KiCad) is to redraw the picture as a simplified (abstract) version in KiCads symbol editor and use that.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.