Idea for a KiCad project; LED replacement for torchiere lamp

I am trying to figure out more about this. Do you happen to know:

On this page: Amazon.com

They say “Product Dimensions ‎6.69 x 5.12 x 0.39 inches” but when I look at the video it looks much smaller, so maybe “cm” is correct instead of “inches”?

I know only what see. I do see they list the dim’s you cite but, they also post this image that contains the dims on the COB

Thank you. It is consistently inconsistent! I am voting for the dimension drawing you just posted, but this is a poster child for the reliability of product information on Amazon… :crazy_face:

One thing I am somewhat inferring: These modules such as the Chanzon SEEM to require more heatsinking than the rings such as

https://www.amazon.com/Fixtures-Replacement-Ledy-Incandescent-Fluorescent/dp/B076LNGHJD/ref=asc_df_B076LNGHJD/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=232740426404&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3004036203585436645&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030072&hvtargid=pla-387442507905&th=1

or disks. I wonder whether the compact module has higher thermal resistance junction-case than good individual LEDs do, so needs more heatsink. I sort of like that ring but it includes a wide AC range driver. I would need to discard the driver in order to power it from DC and make it dimmable. That sort of puts me back at making my own disk of LEDs. Use as much copper as possible on a 2 sided board for cooling. I can fit a disk that is 28 - 30 cm in diameter.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.