I would like to ignore specific DRC errors

I would like to ignore some specific DRC errors. I don’t see a way to do this currently.

Here is an example. I like to show layers that are visible with a legend in the corner of my layout file like this.

For obvious reasons, DRC does not like this for many reasons. I can easily keep overlooking the errors, but it would be nice to reduce the noise. My thought for a solution suggestion is to use the “Rule Area Properties” box and add an ignore DRC check box. So that anything inside the outline, DRC would ignore.

I thought I would post this idea here,
1) in case I am missing something (I did search here and in KiCAD docs)
2) to see if others think this is a good suggestion.

See the notes about excluding and ignoring violations here: PCB Editor | 8.0 | English | Documentation | KiCad

Excluding violations is probably what you’re after. There are likely ways to do it with rule areas and custom rules, depending on what the actual violations are, but I would just manually exclude the violations you don’t want to see.

Thank you. I did not realize you could add individual violations. Still might be nice to have a area DRC exclusion, but this will suffice for now.

at the moment all you can do is comment out as required your custom rules in the custom rule file.
Which is ok, but hard to keep track of it all. I’ve suggested the custom rule file get broken into categories (multiple files) until someone gets time to write a basic gui manager of the items in the files.