I can't see 'Grid Properties' under View> in the Footprint Editor

I want to access ‘Grid Properties’ but am unable to see it under View> in the Footprint Editor.

This is what my ‘View>’ dropdown looks like:

What KiCad version?
I’ll assume it’s the current KiCad V8.

You can right click on the grid icon for it’s properties:

… and this brings you directly to the new location for all the grid settings in: PCB Editor / Preferences / Preferences / PCB Editor / Grids

The switch has two pins, numbered in the datasheet as 2 and 3, and spaced 4.7 mm apart. For ease of placement, adjust the grid to match the pad spacing. Click ViewGrid Properties…​ and change the User Defined Grid sizes to 4.7 mm. Switch to the user grid at the bottom of the Grid: dropdown in the top toolbar.

I’m assuming adding a 4.7mm grid here would be equivalent to the above right? Following the getting started tutorial, wanted to make sure I’m doing it the right way. Thank you

EDIT: Just realized there’s an updated version of getting started for version 8 - will follow that instead

Welcome @KiCanadian

Grids may also be changed by a left click on the displayed grid at the middle top of the work space.

Grid properties (the opacity, line thickness and color of your grid) can be found in Preferences > Display Options & Colors in all four editors.
This is a major change in Kicad 8.