How to wire a house using 3 phase?

We are getting 3 phase power delivered to our property via our own dedicated transformer. We want to rewire the house and other buildings so that we can use different appliances on different phases. We have 4 air conditioners, 3 hot water units and the usual assortment of things you would find in a house. The other buildings have a similar setup.

It seems to make sense to split the hot water units across each phase and to do something similar with the air conditioners.

But the big question is what sort of distribution unit do I need to achieve this? It will have 3 phase power going in and then it needs to supply single phase circuit breakers that may each be connected to one of the three phases.
We also want the system to be protected by an RCD.

Is this doable?

Thanks.

Er, while some people here know about power wiring, wouldn’t you get better results in a forum dedicated to electrical matters? Maybe eevblog?

In my country by law only qualified electricians can do such work so I cannot undertake such a project even if I wanted to.

2 Likes

Maybe yes. In USA I can legally do wiring inside of my house and I have done so. However the electrical codes vary greatly between countries. In USA we get (I guess it is 2 phase) 120-neutral-120.
I don’t think I could get 3 phase to a house in USA under normal circumstances. But my understanding is that houses in Germany are commonly wired with 3 phase. What country do you live in?

I will close this thread, nothing to do with KiCad

1 Like