How to 'sync' the schema and PCBnew layout?

Before, when I selected a component in PCBnew, in Eeschema the component was also shown (the views were synced). However, it does not seem to work anymore.

Is there some option to switch it on/off or is there a mismatch between the two applications? (I just created a new PCB, imported the netlist and updated it, and now I see all the components in one big blob). To place them logically, it is really ideal to see where in the Eeschema it is used.

Version 5.1.4 under Kubuntu 18.04 works as expected. I think the on/off option doesn’t exist for symbol/footprint highlight. It is always on.

Try to spread out some or all footprints and check again.

1 Like

I just found out, it works only from Eeschema -> PCBnew, not the other way around.

Works from pcb new to eeschema for me with 5.1.2 under fedora. (Even for multi unit symbols.)
Make sure you select the footprint not one of its components. (Selecting the reference designator will not trigger the cross highlighting.)

1 Like

Works for me two in both directions v5.1.2 under Windows

1 Like

I did some more checking, and found out it works as long as one instance of PCBnew/Eeschema is opened. But I split my project in two and opened two of each (PCBnew/Eeschema).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.