How to soldered tracks?

Hello
how to draw soldered track above a track, for high current flow. i searched and looked over kicad help, i can not find how to do it, please help.

Thanks !!
Shah

You need a mask opening. Just draw a polygon over the track on F.Mask or B.Mask layer. If you look at the board in 3d you will then see that it has exposed copper. The fab will flow solder over it.

2 Likes

It would be nice if you could copy track segments to F.Mask or B.Mask for this, but KiCad has a quite strict distinction between copper tracks and other graphic items.

Drawing polygons on would be a bit cumbersome. Easier would be to just draw some lines on F.Mask or B.Mask. In normal production processes this only works for wave soldering (typically only the bottom layer) and not for reflow.

1 Like

I have resorted to rectangular keepouts on the solder mask to allow heavy copper wire to be soldered onto tracks to improve cooling on SMD RF PIN diodes, where track width is impedance constrained

1 Like

love you!!
Thanks!!
Shah

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.