How to snapping trace to grid?

Hello,

I’m using OpenGL canvas. My question is, how to move trace (or via) with align to grid? When I press M key, it moves continously. Is there some trick behind it, or I just need to wait for https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1502750 ? I think, this should be high priority - nobody want his/hers board looking weird and not professional. For example, when after moving one trace, bus traces has different spacing.

Best regards,
Peter

I’m using linux daily builds versions. My grid was last set to 0.25mm, but it works like that with any other. Now I’m at work (using windows), I tried to download KiCad and replicate here - it do the same.

But I found, that it depends on Interactive routing preference - Mouse drag behaviour. When it is set to “move item”, it just move traces, with align to grid, but when “interactive drag” is selected, it doesn’t use grid. I can test do it at home for linux version. But my intent was to use “interactive drag” aligned to grid.

Just tried it at home. Version 6326, same behaviour on linux.

Hello everybody!
I’m just experiencing the same problem respectively unexpected behaviour. @bobo87 did you figure out a way to “interactively drag” traces aligned to the grid?
Thanks!

When I use “D” for Drag, that seems to snap to grid just fine, and shoves other traces too ?

Checking more, I see if I select Interactive Router:MouseDrag=Interactive Drag, then that is gridless (& shoves fine) on move, but “D” is still grid locked & shoves on Grid.

Seems you can have both available at the same time ?

It is common for PCB packages to have a Grid Snap on/off, but in PcbNew that is missing ?
( or rather hidden, buried in the MouseDrag mode choice ?)