How to set width of a graphic line BEFORE drawing it?

I know I can draw a line and then set all segments (one by one?) to a desired width. I don’t see a way to set the width upfront, except the default, though. Any clues?

No clues, except that maybe you can select an already drawn segment and set the default width by using its preferences.

That’s how I do it.

Anyhow, there is a dialog that let’s you set that dimension without drawing a line first, it’s under:
Dimensions > Text Size and Width

4 Likes

Yes, I found the default thickness, which works. But then, during drawing some more complex stuff, one often wants to change the line params only for a specific shape he is to draw next. Right now I start drawing the shape, after first line segment I change its width, AND the default width, draw the rest of the shape, rinse and repeat for getting back to default on next shape… quite far from intuitive and effective workflow but I take that’s what it is for now, right?

Pretty much, yes. Developers for sure have this somewhere on their roadmap, but it won’t make the top 50 by my best guess :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.