How to set a different default text size for all symbols

Hi everyone,
A symbol in schematic entry appears with a “symbol reference” (function name) and a “symbol value” text. The default size of this text in KiCad is 50,000 mils. Of course this default text size can be changed by editing the text size. but one has to do it for every symbol separately. This is a very tedious task.

Question: Is there a way to set the deafult size of the text in symbols from 50,000 mils to another size (say 35,000 mils) once for all symbols to be used in one project?

Looking forward to your kind advice.
Thanks and best regards
starter99

I think the reference and value sizes are coded into the library symbol. It has to be changed with the library editor, I’m afraid for one symbol at a time.

Or by editing the .lib file and doing it with a text editor or with a script.
Under each symbol, the fields to edit are F0 and F1, fourth item.

1 Like

You can change the size of the text used in a project with the “Edit->Edit Text and Graphics Propeties” (assuming that you are using v5.1.5), in older versions it looks a bit different but at least since v5 it is possible.

Hope this helps.

It doesn’t work for symbols and schematic.

Crap, I have to read more carefully next time, using your favorite text editor and some regexp magic would not take very long.

You will need to find the component name/value inside of each $comp

e.g.:
F 0 “U2” H 6900 4400 50 0000 C CNN
F 1 “ADG409” H 6600 3100 50 0000 C CNN

and change the number 50 to the value you would like to have.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.