How to select one whole connection in pcb and sch

I want to follow and check one whole connection with all its branches in both schematic and board. (And then repeat this with an other connection). Selecting whole or part of the connection/track seems a little difficult or unclear.

You can open both Eeschema and Pcbnew next to each other, and then use the “Highlight Net” function in the toolbar in the upper right corner.

I see, I looked at the menus.

Thank you paulvdh, but how can I make that option visible? Even toggle net highlighting option is inactive.

@paulvdh screenshot is from 5.1, and you have 5.99 (nightly). It works differently here:

1. Select something you want to highlight the net of (a track, via, pad, etc)
  2. Activate highlighting by pressing the hotkey ` (backtick) or right-click and choose Highlight Net from the Net Tools context menu.

An alternate way is to find the net in the list of nets in the Nets tab of the appearance panel. If you right-click the net in this list, highlighting is one of the options.

The toggle on the left will turn on and off the highlighting after you have seleced a net to highlight.

Is there a good way unselect or un highlight that net later. Now I try find “the hotkey ``` (backtick)” in finnish keyboard.
Edit: Aha, I have to select another net to unselect the former.

I think that menu/net tools/ Highlight net works but the same symbol on the left side of the screen "Toggle net highlightning (CTRL ´) does not do much.

There is also a hotkey to clear the highlight (Shift + ` by default) or you can use the Highlight hotkey in empty space.

Once you have selected a net, Ctrl + ` toggles highlighting for that net on and off without you needing to re-select it.

For me, just hovering over a pad or a track segment in the Pcb editor and the pressing the backtick (upper left corner of the keyboard, just under the Escape key) works. It also works from within Eeschema to highlight a wire (and the corresponding copper track in the Pcb Editor).

Eeschema still has a (working) highlight button in the toolbar:

Those shortcuts do not work here. I can make a net pink in SCH with a Icon second from top on the right side of the screen. In PCB its more like hit and miss, there are two places for selecting net on the mouse right button.
I think I have to first select the whole net with “Select” then highlight it with “Highlight net” in net tools. Not too easy.

And it looks like there is no way to know where that selected net or connection is in multipage schematic.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.