How to save Schematic Revisions?

I created a project with a schematic named rev_1.0
I revised the schematic and did a Save As named rev_2.0
But when I close the project and reopen it rev_1.0 appears.
Question 1:
How do I open and edit rev_2.0?
Do I have to create a new “Project” for each Revision?
Question 2:
How to create a single design with a multiple page schematic? Meaning Schematic Page 1, Page 2, and Page 3 all go on the same PCB?
Thanks for any help

1. Do I have to create a new “Project” for each Revision?

This is what I do for “poor mans versioning”. Every new version gets a new project folder with a new sub-number.

How to create a single design with a multiple page schematic? Meaning Schematic Page 1, Page 2, and Page 3 all go on the same PCB?

This is an extensive topic and better writers (than me) have already written many lines of documentation and help. You could start with this article: Hierarchical or flat schematic design, what is best for me? (How to deal with multi page schematics?)

2 Likes

I’m simple-minded so, This is how I do it… Scroll down to my first post in this link

2 Likes

I suppose you are not familiar with Git. The best way to do revision is Git. Git is easy to use with KiCad since all the files are text based (ASCII code).

Unlike some other VCSes, Git doesn’t care if the files are text or not. Obviously some operations like diff are meaningful for text files.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.