How to remove Title Block

Now I did. :grinning:
BTW, I also updated this past November from kicad 5.0.2 to kicad 5.1.4.
I also learned that by clicking on each graphic primitive in the column of graphics primitives on the left-hand side, I could quickly see which part of the title page graphics that particular primitive makes. Very helpful. Thank you.
I also saw the Page Layout Editor has both Fileā€¦Save and a Fileā€¦Save as options to save what I change. I assume that I should place this page in the project directory where the schematic is. From the Save asā€¦GUI I gather the file extension .kicad_wks whould be used. Any other restrictions on page name that must be followed?

The screenshots didnā€™t quite convey that the Page Layout Editor is accessed via the project screenā€“not via eescehema. Since the Page Layout is associated with the schematic I had looked for the editor button in eescehma when Jos replied.
Part of my problem is that there are some inconsistencies in icons and documentation due to changes over various releases so sometimes I try to interpolate an ā€œiconā€ or method and I thought that this may have been the case here.

Soā€“in the eescehma manual page 55 one might state:
ā€œThe page layout and its Title Block can be modified with the ā€œPage Layout Editorā€ which is accessed by the top rightmost icon of the Project editor. From here the Title Block can be altered or omittedā€. A few words like this can save a lot of time.

That said I will state that the documentation for KiCad is well written in that it doesnā€™t overload the reader with too much information and can be read in a day or so. But when methods are split across multiple. menus etc and a question keeps reappearing it may be of value to add a few lines.

Thanks All
Fritz

1 Like

The page layout is used in both the schematic and in pcbnew (they can however have different templates attached)

There are more then 2 lines about defining the title block and frameā€¦
When I 2 years ago started to be interested in KiCad I just read all manuals from:
https://docs.kicad.org/
including:
https://docs.kicad.org/5.1.5/en/pl_editor/pl_editor.html

And then I have designed my own frame files for schematic and for PcbNew.
Specially untypical is my solution for PcbNew - I have moved with my work to be around 0,0 point (PCBs are frequently symmetrical) and my frame file contains only X,Y coordinate lines.

2 Likes

Thanks @eelik & @jos for the demonstration.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.