How to print only one schematic page

Hi,

I’m using Kicad v5.0.0, release build, wxWidget 3.0.3, Unicode 1.60.0, Windows 10 32 bit.
I am working on a project that has multiple hierarchical pages. Now, while I’m working onto a page, I see on the screen only that page. But when I try to print, all the pages come out of the printer. How can I print only one page at a time?
The whole project is almost empty as I’m at the beginning so it makes no sense to print the WHOLE project.
Thanks!

Use Plot instead of Print. It prints to a file, for example PDF, which you can print.

I need to bypass the PDF. This workaround seems too cumbersome for me. Since this was an issue in 2017, I suppose it can be fixed sometime, or it is fixed and I can’t seem to figure it out.

Well you have two options. Accept the workaround or print all pages. With a bit of luck future versions will offer a more powerful print dialog.

Thank you for help. Kicad is a great project and I really like working with it. I hope the developers will invest some time for better printing support.

My printer software let’s me print only the pages I want. I can choose the correct one in the preview screen.

1 Like

Thank you, hermit. Indeed, I have this option too. So I can preview, note the number of the page I need then print the specific page. It’s not quite straightforward but is much better than printing to pdf then open pdf and print on paper.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.