How to merge differently named signals into a bus?

In KiCad 6, I have an address bus, A[2…15] and an offset bus Off[0…1]. I want to merge them together into A[0…15]. When I break the two wires out of the Off bus, how do I rename them to merge them into the A bus?

Thank you.

Just draw both buses next to each other, draw wires between them, and put two different labels on each of the wires.

1 Like

I tried that. ERC gives the warning “Both A0 and Off0 are attached to the same items; A0 will be used in the netlist” and the error “Label not connected to anything”.

ERC warning: “Both A0 and Off0 are attached to the same items; A0 will be used in the netlist”

this is correct, as you have deliberately directly connected (shorted) the two signals A0 and OFF0. Because it was your intention to do this you can ignore this warning. (The purpose of this warning is to catch accidentally connected nets and/or typing-meistakes).

error “Label not connected to anything”.

This is most probably because you have not connected any real-life symbol (pin) to the net.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.