How to make (some) edge cuts visible

Kicad 5.14

I added rounded corners to my board using the arc tool in the edge cuts layer. It looked ok but in the Gerber viewer I discovered that I had punched a circular hole near the corner. Must have been one of my failed attempts to draw an arc. I went back to the layout but I couldn’t see a circle to delete no matter how much I zoomed in or what other layers I turned off. Eventually I resorted to deleting the whole edge cuts layer and redoing the edges which didn’t take that long.

So was there something I should have done to find that circle in the edge cuts layer? Sorry, I didn’t make a snapshot of the evidence.

There is/was a bug with arcs in respect to the edge cut layer.
Presumably fixed with the next upcoming release 5.1.5.

1 Like

The bug you reference is with regards to kicad not allowing traces to be drawin within an arc. It has been fixed with version 5.1.4. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1826014

1 Like

Unfortunatly the arcs need to fit quite perfectly to the lines forming the contour, otherwise there are problems. 3D Viewer will complain of unclosed countour and normally will tell you where the problem is. Maybe this is what you experienced.

Well it was a circular hole so it was a closed contour.

The allowed tolerance is 0.01mm. So there is quite some wiggle room.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.