How to keep my power netclass

Hi,

i have a power connector in my schematic and on the Vcc line I have put a fuse and a diode. I have a netclass for power rails on Vcc (bigger traces). The problem is that this netclass is only active after the diode because I set the Vcc power symbol there. But I still want the traces that are coming from the connector into the fuse and then to the diode to be as big as the power netclass. For this to work I put +BATT1 before the fuse and +BATT2 before the diode and assign my power netclass for them. But I think this is not the right way to do that.

Here is a screenshot of my power connector:

I’m also new to this and only know some basics about electronics.

I would be very thankful if you can help me.

Instead of putting BATT1 or BATT2 power symbols you can simply put a net labels on this wires. Use ‘Add a net label’ at right side of screen. (I’m using V7 yet and hope it didn’t changed).
I am not using net classes to set a track width. It is because for example I need wide VCC track to power IC but I need narrow VCC track to connect 47k pull-up resistor.
Instead in PCB Editor in Board Setup - Design Rules - Pre-defined Sizes I add a serie of Track Width (0.2, 0.25, 0.4, 0.7, 1, 1.3, 1.5, 2) and when routing I select one of them using hotkeys W and Shift+W (or in the track width select box (top left of screen)).
I am using net calsses only to specify a bigger clearance for my hi-voltage nets. I place at wires net names: H1, H2, H3,…

Yes, this is the normal way to do things. A schematic normally has many nets, and all are assigned to the Default netclass by default. For each and every net you want to be a member of another netclass, you have to assign them to that other netclass yourself.

Or maybe I interpreted it a bit different. Using power symbols just for giving a name to a net to be able to put it in some named netclass is not the recommended way to do things. Local labels as Piotr suggested are a better option. Another option is to use Schematic Editor / Place / Add Net Class Directive.

The net labels worked very well. Thanks for your quick help!

Welcome to KiCad forum. Quick help is standard here :slight_smile: