How to install Numpy with KiCad on 64bit Windows 10

I’m trying to install numpy on the Windows nightly build of KiCad 5.x but having issues. If I type C:\Program Files\KiCad\bin\python -m pip install numpy it will error out with the following.

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘C:/Program Files/KiCad\libs\python27.def’

Next I tried all of the wheels from https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#numpy but they all say they all also don’t work.

InstallationError: numpy-1.14.3+mkl-cp27-cp27m-win_win32.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform.

If I just run kicad/bin/python I see [GCC 7.2.0 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32 in the preamble as cpython comes online. I just don’t know what’s up with this install. I can install numpy fine with my system installs of python2.x and python3.x no problem so it’s something unique to the kicad install.

My motivation is I want to install these scripts by mmccoo so I can work with dxf files easier. I have 3 questions at this point:
1.) Why do no numpy wheels work with the kicad python install?
2.) Why does the mac version of kicad’s python interface have access to system installed packages but the windows one doesn’t?
3.) Why does the still-beta kicad 5.x series still use python 2.7x when it’s going to be at end of life in a year and a half?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.