How to find all points connected to a schematic?

Hi,

Is there any way to find all the points connected to the schematic in Kicad

Not enough informationā€¦ please explain.

What I mean is lets say I have two nets connect with a label. Is there anyway to find if they are connected?

Run the netlist generator and then check the .net file and search for the net entry and which pads are connectedā€¦?

That is getting very complicated. I would like to know if there is a highlight tool in the schematic?

Yeah, sorry, I can only answer to how I understand the question :wink:

Highlighting tool in eeschemaā€¦ nooo, not that I know off.

What is your aim?

Checking if pins are connected?
If pins or wires are unconnected, there will be a faint square at the ā€˜usualā€™ connection point.
If itā€™s not there, the wire/net is connected.
For visible test, you can always hover over the part or wire and hit [G]ā€¦ then move the mouse a bitā€¦ and if done hit [ESC].

Or something else?..

Yes. Thats what I want. Just check if pins are connected to all the components.

If pins or wires are unconnected, there will be a faint square at the ā€˜usualā€™ connection point.- I am not really sure I understand that. What is the square. I can only see this:

Stuff like this usually happens when you edit libraries/symbols or load older projectsā€¦ as current symbols donā€™t match the old ones 1:1 the connections come ā€˜looseā€™ā€¦

But yeah, for visual check just use the [G] key and hit [ESC] when done. The wires will behave like rubber-bands and you can easily see if stuff isnā€™t ā€˜hanginā€™ onā€™.

2 Likes

Ah okay. Thanks. Thats a good way to check it. But I cant see that in my schematic. (THe square)

(Addition to a one year old post:)
One of the great features of KiCad is that you have to mark all unused pins with:
EEschema -> Place -> ā€œNo Connect Flag [Shift +Q]ā€.

As a result all unconnected pins are automatically flagged when doing an ERC check
EEschema -> Tools -> Electical Rule Checker -> Run

2 Likes