How to drag a footprint with respect to tracks?

Who are you to decide?

I agree. When I wrote ‘I can hardly believe that the developpers of Pcbnew dare to deliver this kind of dragging to their users’, I think there was nothing ‘derogatory’ about that. It is not without reason that this feature isn’t present in the menu panel. It simply doesn’t work and only leaves you with garbage tracks that all have to be removed.

1 Like

I think proper dragging is either already in the development version or planned to be added soon. Which is why @paulvdh mentioned that this post is 3 years old. We also since then activated a forum setting that closes topics after a few months of inactivity (mostly to reduce spamming and trolling as the KiCad development speed makes most topics out of date by the time they will be auto closed)

People! My comment boils down to: “As the KiCAD devs just do what they feel like doing, – to be fair, this is the case with almost every open-source project, – we really can’t expect much from it, unfortunately.” That’s it!

Sure! If you say so… :laughing:

First: 1. => 2. – non sequitur.

Second: in you opinion they should do what you like?

Third: they actually listen to the users, although they of course have their own opinions.

Fourth: there are hundreds of things to do, only a handful of developers, and they have to prioritize. One wish is important to some people, some other wish to some other people. You just sound arrogant because you give impression that they should prioritize your needs over other people’s needs. Do you understand how much we see here and elsewhere such phrases as “for KiCad to be taken seriously, it should…”?

1 Like

The very same issue with closed-source projects.

2 Likes

OK. This is off the tracks.