How to delete the top sheet without reannotating?

Hi all.

I’ve recently split a project into two boards after having done a bunch of the layout.

I duplicated the project and put the two projects into separate folders, then deleted the unneeded parts from each project. That worked great.

My issue now is that one of my projects has a top level sheet with nothing on it but the reference to the second sheet. I’ve tried a bunch of things, but can’t seem to delete the top level sheet or promote the second sheet without forcing a complete reannotation and resetting the layout of the components from the lower level sheets.

Is there a way to delete the top level sheet or promote the bottom sheet that preserves the annotations and layout?

Thanks in advance, I’m pulling out my hair on this one…

It depends on how far you are willing to go. It’s always possible to edit the files by hand with a text editor. I suggest you try that because in this case it would probably mean moving one text block and deleting some. If you can attach the files here, I might be able to look at it out of curiosity.

Thanks for the offer @eelik! Project is attached. I’m looking to get rid of the top level bb-100.sch and have the project root be the keyboard.sch bb-100.zip (204.2 KB)

Looking forward to understanding the underlying structure of the project!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.