how to create 3d library include all components used on board

how to create 3d library include all components used on board kicad5.

Do you mean that you want each 3d model used in one design exported (copied) to one folder? See https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/issues/4131.

1 Like

Not sure I got the question completely but let me tell you what I do:

I have an environment variable called ${COMPANY_LIB}

This variable points our main library repo. I have everything under that folder. Symbol library file, footprint folder (pretty) and a 3d-models folder for step and VRML files.

If I add a custom 3d model to my footprints, make sure it is relative to this COMPANY_LIB variable. This way our designs become as portable as it can be. New users just need to set that variable and they would be ready right after that.

1 Like

Archive project plugin can copy all used 3d models and libraries into project folder.

2 Likes

yes, i mean that you want each 3d model used in one design exported (copied) to one folder.

See @qu1ck’s answer. The Archive Project plugin will do this, or I’m misunderstanding your request.

My approach for my ‘homemade’ footprints and copies of the kicad’s stock footprints I use is to create Folders of types and to name the folders with starting letter “z” so they appear together at end of the list…

Screenshot below…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.