How to contribute symbols and footprints to Kicad

There was a part that didn’t exist in the symbols and footprints included with Kicad, it’s the SLW-826947-5A-RA-D slide switch from CUI Devices. I paid a consultant to create the part symbol and footprint in Kicad. Is there any way to contribute that to Kicad so that it’s included in future releases? I don’t really have the knowledge to go through gitlab, etc, but I’d be happy to send it to someone who can help.

I’ve reclassified your topic into Community so that a volunteer might see it and come forward.

1 Like

Welcome @Thomas_Cort

There is a suitable symbol in the Kicad “Switch” library to suit your requirements. All that is required is to “Save as” to a personal library and change the name.

For a suitable footprint, there are a few in the “Button_Switch_THT library” that can be easily modified, again, by saving to a personal library.
Change the name, move/modify/add/subtract pads and drag the graphics to fit the Data Sheet specifications.

Learning to use the Symbol and Footprint Editors is reasonably quick, easy and painless. There are instructions in the “Getting Started …” in https://docs.kicad.org/.
Proficiency with these editors will save time and money.

What if the volunteer comes backward?