One problem with this – when you change the schematic and re-load the netlist into PCB, does your “extra_zone_net” vanish?
ohhhh - I had not tested that point on the original answer. And yes, an “update board from schematic” deletes the newly created “extra_zone_net” → the zone and via now again “no net”-items and are not connected together.
So there are additional steps needed that net-names survive the “update pcb from schematic” command:
- add an additional footprint with 1 Pad (for instance :PinHeader_1x01_P1.27mm_Vertical from library Connector_PinHeader_1.27mm) to the board.
- set footprint properties 3x checkboxes (lower rigth) for:
- not in schematic
- exclude from position file
- exclude from bom
- select the pad in the middle of this footprint (doubleclick), in pad-properties change net-name to “extra_zone_net”
- now the netname is persistant.
It’s also an option to add a 1-pinhead-symbol in the schematic and correctly attach a wire and a wire-label with the “extra_zone_net”-name. This would be the way for all users who like to have all information the schematic.
additinal finding (if someone is interested): simply creating a short wire (connect to nothing) and a correspoding label in the schematic doesn’t helps. Such a “non-connected wire” is currently not added to the netlist and therefore not propagated to the board