How to choose connector for 12V 10 A current

I have started making arduino uno shield pcb for current sensing which requires 12V input connector and 12 V 10 A range output connector. How to select connectors and its footprints please suggest any material if available.

I hereby certify that I am not simply asking someone else to design a footprint for me.

This is an auto-generated message that is in place on the “footprints” section of the KiCad.info forum. If I remove it and ask for a footprint to be designed anyway, I understand that I will be subject to forum members telling me to go design my own footprint or referring me to a 3rd party footprint site.

Hello @Harsha_Vanjani

This forum is for questions relating to the use of Kicad. Questions related to general electronic design should be asked on other forums more orientated to electronic design; such as EEVblog.

1 Like

This forum is about the KiCad software and not the right place to discuss electrical and PCB design. However I’d probably use either banana plug sockets or big molex type sockets/connectors (like used in computers for PCIe and CPU power).

2 Likes

Have a look at “XT30” or “XT60”. These are connectors for 30A and 60A and seem to be the standard for all kinds of remote control RC thingies.

3 Likes