How to change the description of personal libraries

I have V7.0.9
I’m cleaning up my libraries and wish to add a description to the mail library so I can be more consistent when adding new parts.
I’ve not been able to change this field. When I click on it the path opens.

Thanks
John

1 Like

Does it work to cheat?

1. Make a backup copy.
  2. Go into the library and be creative with a text editor.

Project manager > Manage Footprint Libraries

Click on the library path first; then click on the grey description box. The description box should then clear so you can type into it.

Thanks but I couldn’t seem to make this work. I could change the entries in the options column but not the description.

You clicked on the red arrow path first followed by the blue arrow description?

When you click on the description box (after you have first clicked on the library path box), the options box disappears; however, when you move on to the next library, you will find the options box re-appears but empty and whatever you typed into the description box stays in the description box.

Thanks to all for your answers… the issue was:

I had the editor window too narrow. It seems the whole “Description” column must be on screen to change its contents.

Usually there’s a horizontal scrollbar if it’s not possible to maximise the popup window. It’s easy to miss horizontal scrollbars because we’re more used to vertical scrollbars.

It happens even with the best of GUI designs. Yesterday I was editing a post in Google’s Blogger and wanted to edit a hyperlink. Unfortunately the link was at the bottom of the editor window and the hyperlink editor popup extended outside of the screen. The solution was actually to shrink the browser window so that the popup could fully appear.

Isn’t it just like the cat to want to shrink the bowser?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmoderndogmagazine.com%2Fphotocontest%2Fentry%2Fbowser-27&psig=AOvVaw0s4m4CMEkdb9jd67O5Wvbm&ust=1704429327613000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CBIQjRxqFwoTCPC02aX0woMDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

What a fugly dog! Joke: Alien lands and starts talking to a petrol (gas to you) bowser. After a while: “Take your finger out of your ear when I’m talking to you!”

Ok, better stop there.

2 Likes

Was that the punch line, or does that joke deteriorate to the rude, crude and naughty level?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.