How do to the cheapest way?

Hi all !

I need your expertise, I would like to use this component : MAX8895V which have a WLP 25 package 2.25x2.25mm. Ball is 0.27mm and pitch 0.4mm.

Do you know, how to do with this footprint to have the cheapest PCB as possible ?
At this time have via in pad with 0.1mm hole/0.25mm on a 0.8mm PCB -> MicroVia. Is that the best to do?

Sani300

Dogbones to escape the BGA will typically be lower cost than HDI features. In my experience the cheapest ways to increase board density are reduce trace/space and increase layer count.
You can look at the manufacturer’s evaluation board to see how they did the layout.

1 Like

You might look at availability. Digikey shows one version is obsolete. Others not stocked with VERY large min order qty.

Maxims website claims active, but I have been bitten a few times by their supply. Basically a lot of their product line was semi-custom for a big user.
Currently this is more likely a part of the worldwide semiconductor shortage story

2 Likes

Does not explain why ACTIVE buttons and relays are now back order for at least a year.

Many parts that were available a year ago, in nearly any quantity, are now unobtainium with a minum year guesstimate for the next shipment.

^^^Facts^^^

I do not care to speculate the cause.

Malaysia has many of the passives factories and these were closed for a couple of months by COVID. They are reopening now, but reduced capacity and a big order backlog

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.