How do I set the precision from 2:4 to 2:3

Something your board manufacturer asked for?

If a board manufacturer asked me for something like this, I would probably go searching for another one that uses more modern software. Or, if you want it in combination with some other software, I’d try to update that software. The fixed format outputs have been cause for a lot of problems during PCB manufacturing in the past. I don’t know how long these formats have been deprecated, but I guess it’s for more then 20 years.

Apparently there is no way to set this directly in that dialog. It would be a small change for a KiCad developer to add such an option, but there is probably not much initiative to add support for such an old format, but you are free to create a feature request on gitlab. If it’s really dear to you, you can also try contacting https://www.kipro-pcb.com/ for commercial support.

3 Likes

This does seem odd… equally they should be capable of managing this since these numbers indicate the significant numbers used

For example, the number “37.294” would be represented in the following way:

3:4 - 037.2940
2:4 - 37.2940
2:3 - 37.294

so worst-case, edit the file and remove the 4th location but still this is odd…

I am waiting for the OP to some back. This post was flagged as possible spam.
The IP seems to be Indonesian

According to wikipedia, saturn electronic is a manufacturer of PCBs. An interesting coincidence?

The name is why I allowed the post, but Saturn are a US operation - they publish their very useful PCB design calculator tool

I doubt that a spammer would go to the trouble of making a screenshot.

Speculation: Maybe they want 2.3 for their CAM software and are trying to work out what to tell their customers to do in KiCad. AFAICT KiCad is hardwired to 2.4, and Decimal is preferred.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.