How can I set the zoom steps when using the mouse wheel?

When I am using the mouse wheel, the zoom is very jumpy and barely useable. I have a scroll wheel with detents and when I scroll a single detent the image gets about 20% larger or smaller depending on direction. This is fine. If I move another detent, it gets scaled another 20%. But if I move two detents in quick succession, the zoom is more than 150% (for zoom in, something like to less than 30% for zoom out) instead of just being two 20% zooms.
I don’t have any mouse driver options set (on Win7) that change the scroll wheel. One detent is always the same step. I don’t have this behaviour in any other program, like Eagle, sketchup, google maps, gimp, you name it. So I am sure it is some setting in kicad. Where can I turn off this “scroll acceleration”?

Hit F11 for accelerated graphics if that works for you.

It is on, and apparently part of the problem. The zooming behaves kind of normal in legacy mode only. The zoom steps are still too big for my taste, but at least there isn’t that wierd zoom acceleration.
I’d rather take the legacy graphics mode with it’s drawbacks than deal with the zooming (because it’s a visual vs. useability thing and useability is way more important), but legacy mode isn’t even available in eeschema.
I was hoping there was a setting for the zoom somewhere, but it looks more like a bug to me now.

1 Like

In that case it would sound like a driver issue.
Can’t help much with that since I use *nix, and have not tried Kicad inside vmware yet.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.