How can I remove the red frame permanently in all programs?

In every program (schematic, PCB layout, gerber view) there is this red frame that I don’t need (and never will need).
I tried making an empty worksheet, but as soon as I delete every item of the default sheet in the worksheet editor, suddenly the frame appears again (this time undeletable) and saving the worksheet still saves the full worksheet.
Not only that, I then would have to select that empty layout for every project, although I know I will never need anything else. Am I missing something? I can’t find an option to not use any page layout at all anywhere.

There is a bug with page layout files, you need to have at least one item in them. If you create a line with start and end as the same point, it is effectively invisible.

To add the “empty” worksheet to new projects, I think you can put it in the project template file.

For reference, my “empty.kicad_wks” is

(page_layout
(setup (textsize 1.5 1.5)(linewidth 0.15)(textlinewidth 0.15)
(left_margin 10)(right_margin 10)(top_margin 10)(bottom_margin 10))
(line (name segm1:Line) (start 0 0) (end 0 0))
)

Now you know how I felt about Junction Dots and being forced to have them.

I think it is a bad idea to not have the page layout information in a project, but it will never be me that suggests KiCad should FORCE all users to have Page Layout Information in their projects.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.