Hope to improve the operation of the 6.0 mouse pointer

On 5.99, can the center point of this mouse be moved to the side? As you can see, every time I want to connect the label to the trace, I need to guess the location of the connection point. It feels very hard to operate continuously.

Because it is a 4K display, my mouse pointer has been magnified 3 times, otherwise it is difficult to find where it is?

But the enlarged mouse pointer can easily conceal some details, especially the center point is completely concealed, so I have to frequently operate the scroll wheel to zoom in and out.

edit:

This kind of operation is much easier on 5.1.

2021-07-16 08_47_56-gp_opa ADC-WithIRQ_General purpose amplifier — 原理图编辑器

Edit: ech, you are trying to connect label to existing wire by moving the label towards it… In this case I cannot comment, because I have 1080. But, when I make such zoom ratio, that mouse arrows takes the same height as label, I can see the problem. But at such zoom ratio draw schematics is not possible at all, all elements becomes too thin/small to operate with. This is a really a problem with HIDPI screens. You should probably fill an issue in https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/issues

Original replay:
Probably you are using old build. There is no point of using not up to date nightly builds, I think. You should update to the the fresh install (2x releases per 24 hours) in order to get most feature-rich and bug-free version.
There is no such mouse pointer in my version:

Wire pointer looks like this:

Application: KiCad Schematic Editor (64-bit)

Version: (5.99.0-11437-g1e21daf781), release build

Libraries:
	wxWidgets 3.1.5
	libcurl/7.74.0-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.11

Platform: Windows 10 (build 19042), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW

Build Info:
	Date: Jul 15 2021 21:00:01
	wxWidgets: 3.1.5 (wchar_t,STL containers)
	Boost: 1.75.0
	OCC: 7.5.0
	Curl: 7.74.0-DEV
	ngspice: 34
	Compiler: Visual C++ 1928 without C++ ABI

Build settings:
	KICAD_USE_OCC=ON
	KICAD_SPICE=ON

Thanks for your reply, I refresh the 5.99 version once a week.

It is true that the problem is that when the labels are moved, the document needs to be rearranged to make the screen tidy when the document is finally sorted. The problem mentioned above appears at this time.

I’ll report the problem.

I created this issue : https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/issues/8801

KiCad chooses to defer to Windows’ move cursor here. We haven’t changed this for months.
Potentially not the best choice because hi-dpi mode is a wildcard animal and we really haven’t iterated on it for this. I don’t even have a hi-dpi screen to test (at least at home where I can work on kicad)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.