Hollow and solid frames

Hello!

Sorry if this question was asked before. Im new to designing and ordering pcbs and i have a question. I ordered a pcb online and got an email from the manufacturer that i should redesign an outline as a hollow one instead of a solid one

this is a picture they sent me with the following email. I dont know what to fix. Any help would be appreciated. thank you in advance

Mod Edit: Added a closing parenthesis so the link to the picture works

Can’t see your image . . . but I guess you have something like this ?

Do this . . .

and get this . . .

on the Edge.Cuts layer.

I also do not know what you did.

The normal way for KiCad is to draw lines (rectangles, arcs, etc) on the Edge.Cuts layers. Together all these graphic items must form a closed loop, i.e. the endpoint of one item must coincide with the starting point of the next, and this is easiest to achieve when working on a suitable grid (Just choose something that fits your dimensions and then stick with it.

KiCad also has: PCB Editor / Tools / Cleanup Graphics / Fix discontinuities in board outlines This does work, but it may fix issues in less desirable ways then fixing it manually.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.