HiLetgo Relay into Arduino

Hi,

I am new to KiCad and am very new to PCB designing.

For my project, I need two relay modules in the circuit but I was wondering if yall can help me with the schematic for this piece specifically. 2pcs 12V 1 Channel Relay Module Relay Switch With Optocoupler Isolation High Low Level Trigger,Shenzhen HiLetgo Technology Co., Ltd
I see lots of schematics for other circuits such as Arduino Relay Module but they aren’t quite similar. The circuitry for my project is quite simple as it is one Arduino Uno R3 connected to two relay modules.

Please help, any feedback is helpful. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately how to design a circuit is outside the scope of this forum, which has to concentrate on the use of KiCad. Your question would not change if you were doing it in another ECAD program. The Beginners area of EEVBlog or an Arduino forum might be a better place for your question.

Just to mention a couple of things before closing this topic.

Looking at the webpage for the product, there’s no datasheet to be found. You cannot design a circuit without knowing the characteristics of the components. However zooming in on the board shows that it’s a standard relay with NO/NC contacts and driven by an optocoupler (thus the mention in the title). This means that you don’t need the usual transistor driver and flyback diode for a relay; it’s already on the board. Unknown is what voltage and current is required to light the LED, something that a datasheet would tell you.

Your best chance to find the datasheet or ask in forums for Arduino where someone may have worked with this board before.

None of this has to do with KiCad. It’s a design step you have to take before you even breadboard a test circuit.

Good luck with your quest.