Hi I have sent kicad board and sch to mactrofab and they have made them but if their panneled I can get the baords after the first for 20 cheaper but it doen't work

Hi I have sent kicad board and sch to mactrofab and they have made them but if their panneled I can get the baords after the first for 20 cheaper but it doen’t work.

I opened pcbnew by itself and opened my electrode board I could use 8 there about 50 each but 30ish each if I can get the ones after the first pannelised.

I appended 4 boards together and I noticed air wires were going between the boards.
The site threw errors when designation were the same. ex. c101

So the pannel showed more parts in the macrofab bill of materials. good

But the placement shown just the parts on the first board.

I installed the python script and updated pip. It looks great but tried a example and it threw errors so I figure a gui example like append board would minimize errors.

There are several scripts for panelizing board in KiCAD, the latestst one is called KiKit

https://github.com/yaqwsx/KiKit

it seems to be very powerful (I haven’t use it, I could not tell).

Starting PCBNew on Standalone mode (not KiCad.exe but Pcbnew.exe if in windows) let you append boards and do panels, but it is not very automated (at all).

I like how it looks kikit and tried installing it.
Macrofab needs the placement and the identifiers ex c302 to be uneque so if I pannel the board I need to update all the designators to coppied manin herarchal schematics then coppy the MPN in because the herarchal schematic breaks macrofabs read the MPN field out of the schematic to build the bom.

I have a lot of difficulty with understanding your english.
It may work better for you if you write in your native language and then use a translation website.

My best guess:
Working with the “Replicate Layout Script” may also work for you. See this thread:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.