Help wanted with creating a PCB

Dear all,

I’m a railway hobbiest, looking to build 2 signals with each 3 LED in it. However I do not have a clue how to create pcb with a gerber file. Because of the seize of these boards, panelizing is also required. Is somebody willing a able to help me with creating these pcb’s?

ivo

Hi @ Ivo,
it sounds as you already finished your PCB and created your gerber Files from it.
All left to do would then be upload the gerber-Files to your PCB-Fab. Usually you don’t have to panelise, except your PCb is smaller than say 5*1mm (for euro-circuits).
If that is the case you essentially have to load all relevant gerber files to your gerb viewer. Than copy a full set of your PCB’s layers and paste it beside the first set. Repeat this untill you are over the minimum required size. You have to leave a bit of space between each “Set” to draw a 2mm milling path (check requirement with your fab), otherwise you will have a hard time seperate the PCB’s later. Also make shure to left a small connection between each PCB.
Hope that helps.

Matthias,

The design I had was not suited for penalizing. So I need help to redraw the PCB, incl. penalizing.

Ivo

Then i am not shure anymore that i correctly understand what your Problem is. Are there any further information you can give about your PCB and why it is/was not suited for panelising? I can personaly not think of any reason why that should be the case.