Help opening files

I have a project

that was designed in kicad that was compiled from commit https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-source-mirror/tree/efdfaebf6243f714ac921493339488190baf44ec

I don’t know what nightly build will open it or if I can modify the binary to allow me to open in 4.0.5 on OS X.

Thank you in advanced.

It opens fine for me in a current nightly. In general projects made by a pre-5.0 nightly won’t open in 4.0 though, so I think you’ll be stuck using a nightly for it.

Try loading it, see what happens. I think the main difference is the differential pair settings, these can be easily removed with a text editor.

Unfortunately, people seem to be publishing projects with nightly builds, and there isn’t a really easy way to go backwards.

Oh, and roundrect type pads…

1 Like

Ok so the last nightly was on November, should that work?

Sorry, I’m confused. Nightlies are built every night, hence the name. Therefore the last nightly… was last night.
It is not recommended to use nightly builds, unless you are an advanced user and can cope with bugs, crashes, file corruptions.

I think what you want to do is get a project that will load in 4.0.5, is that right?

1 Like