HDF-R44-213L011 footprint for Kicad 7.0

Dear all,

Could you please tell me where I can download the footprint of this connector? Or is there a generic one?

This ?

1 Like

@Koen465

If the footprint @RaptorUK shows is not suitable; it would be best for you to click on the below icon and look for yourself.

1 Like

be careful, HDF-R44-213L011 is a female connector

1 Like

where can I find it?

You have selected a generic symbol for a 15 pin connector. That symbol is an abstract description of any physical fifteen pin connector.

To find a footprint you first have to decide the gap between the pins and the shape of the connector and whether it is to be THT or SMD; then you have to search through the libraries to find a footprint with 15 pins spaced as you want with or without a mounting system for mechanical strength.

You’re looking at symbols, not footprints. You can use any generic connector symbol with the right pin count (and the right mounting pin/shield type) and assign the footprint manually.

Indeed, the OP has final responsibility for the footprint they select, I was just trying to get them on the right tracks . . . this looks more correct but the PCB edge is not shown/is incorrect . . .

1 Like

I found the right one, thanks!

Same question for SAMTEC ERF8-050-07.0-L-DV-TR

Is this the correct footprint? I don’t think so because some pins are not assigned.

You can get symbols, footprints and 3D CAD from Samtec

done, thanks I finished it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.