Group traces or selection

Hello,

I would like to group some traces once and for all. I’ve done my googling but still can’t do it. How could this be done?
I suppose that in the current version there is no way doing it but it would be nice if this option was available.

Any thoughts?

I’d like grouping in general, not limited to just tracks. That would make it much easier to shove building blocks (e.g. dc-dc regulator + caps…) around much easier.

Are there any plans from for a way to group select schematic elements or pcb elements? Like able to select a few and then hit CTRL+1 or something to group them for moving?

What version of KiCad are you using?

With V5 Left-Click-Hold and drawing a “box” around items will allow the box to be moved once the button is released; both in Eeschema and PcbNew.

It is quite likely that exactly what is captured by the “drawn box” is not identical between the two applications.

Thanks. I’m looking more for away to create virtual rooms by a grouped selection. It would mean rather than having to mouse select a group of components, I could just hit a hot key and have KiCad remember which components are grouped. Kind of like in Starcraft when moving units around :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t seem to find a wishlist item in the bugs, so I may need to create one.

Instead of setting up hot keys, I think being able to “group” elements together (like in vector drawing programs) so when you select one item in the group all are selected.

I’m not sure how PnS routing in pcbnew should handle groups. Maybe a group setting allowing or disallowing PnS to effect grouped traces would be a way around this?